Let’s just talk today. No fancy-schmancy poems or video promoting. If you read this blog regularly, kudos to you! Thanks for sticking around. The truth is my voice has been taken hostage by my thoughts. Let me explain:
I have so much to say, about everything; Let it be books, movies, anime or music. But every time I hang out with my friends or family, I have nothing to say. And I just don’t understand why. Maybe because I just wanna hang out with myself? Or I’m too lazy to talk to them? I dunno. But I’ve been doing this same thing with this blog. For the past few months, there has been little to no posting going on here. And why is that? Because all my words were sucked away by my job. And if you dunno, I was the Creative Content Writing Intern for a venue-booking website. Sounds pretty awesome, doesn’t it? It SO wasn’t. I had to write venue descriptions every single day of places I had never heard of before. I wrote 10 descriptions every day and each and every one of them was more than a 100 words. 1000 soul-sucking words. Every. Freaking. Day.
Naturally, I quit soon after. And if you’re reading this and haven’t got a job yet ’cause you’re younger than me, let me give ya some advice:
- Work at a place which is close to your house. That 3-hour everyday commute will just leave you tired.
- Bring your own lunch. Spend as little as possible.
- Try to go for a virtual internship rather than a physical one, so then, you can work from the comfort of your own home.
- Believe in yourself. Don’t cower before authority. Be strong.
- And finally, work as SMART as you can.
Also, I’ve been writing scripts for my videos and those take words away from me. So now you know why I haven’t been writing.
I have forgotten how I end these things, so I bid thee farewell. For now.